- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Rice And Cheese Croquettes Recipe
|Shortening/Cooking oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Fat Frying)|
|Cold cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 , lightly beaten|
|Grated parmesan cheese/Grated gruyere / mozzarella cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Minced parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Prepared spicy brown mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsifted flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg whites||2 , lightly beaten|
|Toasted bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fine)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4555 Calories from Fat 3819
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 432 g664.6%
Saturated Fat 112.8 g564.1%
Trans Fat 54 g
Cholesterol 406.8 mg
Sodium 943.2 mg39.3%
Total Carbohydrates 139 g46.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.6%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 42 g85%
Vitamin A 37.7% Vitamin C 33.4%
Calcium 59.3% Iron 53%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a deep fat fryer, heat the shortening over a medium-high heat upto 375° F.
2) Combine the rice, egg yolks, cheese, parsley, and mustard and shape into 3x1 inch logs.
3) Dredge the logs in flour, dip in the egg mixture, and coat evenly with the crumbs.
4) Fry the croquettes, in batches for 2-3 minutes until golden and drain well on a paper towel.
5) Serve immediately as a substitute for the potato.