- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Poached Snapper Recipe Video
|Fish fillets||1 , skinned (Bass, Snapper Or Similar)|
|Red onion||2 1⁄4 Ounce, medium diced to make 1/4 cup|
|Carrot||1 1⁄2 Ounce, medium diced to make 1/4 cup|
|Yukon gold potato||4 1⁄2 Ounce, medium diced to make 1 cup|
|Zucchini||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), medium diced|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), medium diced|
|Fish fillets||2 Medium (Skinless Bass / Snapper Or Any Similar Fish)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Red onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), medium dice (2.25 Ounce)|
|Carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), medium dice (1.5 Ounce)|
|Yukon gold potato||1 Cup (16 tbs), medium dice (4.5 Ounce)|
|Garlic cloves||3 Medium, roughly chopped (0.5 Ounce)|
|White wine||2 Ounce|
|Fish stock/Vegetable stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Zucchini||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), medium dice|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), medium dice|
|Thyme sprigs||2 Medium|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1161 Calories from Fat 395
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g68.8%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g26.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 302.3 mg
Sodium 1609.3 mg67.1%
Total Carbohydrates 92 g30.7%
Dietary Fiber 15.8 g63%
Sugars 24.3 g
Protein 105 g209.5%
Vitamin A 355.5% Vitamin C 295.7%
Calcium 40.5% Iron 22.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Heat oil in a medium sauté pan with high sides over medium heat. This pan should be just big enough to fit your fish fillets.
2) Once the oil "shimmers" add the onion, carrot, and potato and cook (sweat) without browning, for 3-4 minutes.
3) Season the vegetables with salt and pepper.
4) Add the bell pepper and cook for about a minute.
5) Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute longer.
6) Add the zucchini and cook for another minute.
7) Add the white wine and bring to a simmer. Allow the wine to reduce by 50%.
8) Add the stock and thyme. Bring to a simmer.
8) Season with fish fillets with salt and pepper.
9) Add the fish fillets, nesting them in the vegetables.
10) The fish should be completely submerged in the liquid. If not, add more stock (or flip the fish during cooking).
11) Poach the fish and vegetables on a very low flame. The liquid should not bubble at all. If you have a thermometer, look for a liquid temperature between 160 and 180 degrees.
12)Check the fish after 5 minutes to see if it appears flaky and/or has an internal temperature of 140 degrees.
13) When the fish is cooked, transfer it to a plate.
14) Season the poaching liquid with salt and pepper, and stir in the parsley.
15) Serve the fish in a shallow bowl with vegetables and some of the poaching liquid.