- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Pie Pastry with Lard Recipe Video
|Cake flour/Pastry flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Lard||1⁄2 Pound (Tenderflake)|
|Ice water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3798 Calories from Fat 2159
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 239 g367%
Saturated Fat 90.4 g451.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 400.5 mg
Sodium 1948.9 mg81.2%
Total Carbohydrates 357 g118.9%
Dietary Fiber 46.4 g185.8%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 64 g128.6%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 33.4% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, put flour and salt. Mix.
2. Add lard, and using a pastry blender mix it well until it resembles coarse oatmeal.
3. In another bowl, add egg yolk and vinegar. Whisk it well.
4. Pour water into egg mixture, and gradually stir liquid into lard mixture. Add liquid just to cling the dough together.
5. On countertop, turn the mixture, and gently gather it into a ball.
6. Divide dough into two parts and knead. Do not work too hard.
7. With plastic, wrap the dough and place it in refrigerator for 1-2 hours. You may also freeze it for later use.
8. Roll the dough, bake it with your favorite filling.