- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easiest Homemade Pie Crust and Cinnamon Rolls Recipe Video
|For pie crust|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened, cut into small pieces (1 stick)|
|Cold water||4 Tablespoon|
|For cinnamon mix|
|Brown sugar||5 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon (use more if using vanilla essence)|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 305 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g23.9%
Saturated Fat 9.7 g48.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.3 mg
Sodium 84.2 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 3 g7%
Vitamin A 9.5% Vitamin C 0.16%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. PIE CRUST: In a bowl, add flour and butter. Mix well using hands till it resembles large crumbs.
3. Put salt and pour cold water. Mix well and knead into a dough.
4. CINNAMON MIX: In a bowl, add brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and almond extract. Mix well till combined.
5. CINNAMON ROLL: Grease a flat work surface with non- stick spray. Place the pie crust dough and roll it into a thin sheet.
6. Spread the cinnamon mix evenly and roll the dough sheet into a log.
7. Using sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut the log into 1 ½ inch pieces. Transfer them on a baking sheet and flatten them a little.
8. Bake them for around 14 minutes or till they turn brown. Remove from the oven and let them cool.
9. In a serving plate, serve the cinnamon roll as a snack or a dessert.