- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Picnic Recipes - Rice Crispy Pops Recipe Video
|Marshmallow||9 Ounce (small or large)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Rice krispies||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Heavy ceam||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dark chocolate chips||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 490 Calories from Fat 195
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.2%
Saturated Fat 13 g65.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 57.6 mg
Sodium 178 mg7.4%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.06 g0.26%
Sugars 43.5 g
Protein 3 g5.8%
Vitamin A 22% Vitamin C 9.3%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 19%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a sauce pan on medium high heat; add butter, vanilla, and marshmallow in it. Stir constantly and cook for about 4-5 minutes or until marshmallows melts.
2. In a large bowl, take rice krispies, and pour marshmallow mixture in it. Mix it fast. Let it cool for 5 minutes or until you are able to handle it with hands.
3. With oiled hands, clump little mixture and form tight balls. Place them on non-stick surface.
4. Insert food safe wooden stick in each ball. Pop them in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
5. For ganache, in a pan, heat cream. In a bowl, combine chocolate chips and hot cream. Cover bowl with saran wrap and let it rest for 5 minutes.
6. Remove saran wrap, mix and melt chocolate.
7. Dip pops in chocolate ganache.
8. Serve rice crispy pops immediately.
Do not boil cream.
You can also melt marshmallow in microwave.
You can coat pops completely with chocolate or half way, as per your choice.
Leftover ganache can be refrigerated for later use.