- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Pecan Cookies Recipe
|Hot water||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||3 3⁄4 Cup (60 tbs)|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6001 Calories from Fat 2515
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 291 g447.1%
Saturated Fat 127.4 g637.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 906.8 mg
Sodium 1606.4 mg66.9%
Total Carbohydrates 799 g266.3%
Dietary Fiber 25.1 g100.5%
Sugars 426.8 g
Protein 75 g150.2%
Vitamin A 123.7% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 45.9% Iron 158.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven at 350°.
2) In a bowl, add soda and water to combine. Set it aside.
3) In another bowl, add butter to cream.
4) Slowly add sugar to beat well for a light and fluffy mixture.
5) Add eggs and beat well.
6) Pour in soda mixture and vanilla, stir well.
7) Add flour and blend to a smooth consistency.
8) Fold in pecans.
9) Prepare 2 long rolls of 1 1/4 inches diameter, out of the dough.
10) Use waxed paper to wrap the rolls and place inside refrigerator to chill for 2 to 3 hours or until firm.
11) Bring out of the refrigerator, unwrap and make slices of 1/4-inch thickness.
12) Use ungreased cookie sheets to arrange the cookies nicely.
13) Place cookie sheets inside oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until well done.