- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Pasta Salad with Italian Dressing and Lentils Recipe Video
|Dried lentil beans||8 Ounce|
|Small shell pasta||8 Ounce, cooked according to the package instructions|
|Plum tomato||2 , diced|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 , diced|
|Red onion||1⁄2 , diced|
|Celery||1 , diced|
|Flat leaf parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Green olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), quartered|
|Black olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), quartered|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon (FOR THE DRESSING)|
|Lemon zest||1⁄2 Tablespoon (FOR THE DRESSING)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon (FOR THE DRESSING)|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon (FOR THE DRESSING)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) (FOR THE DRESSING)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon (FOR THE DRESSING)|
|Italian seasoning||2 Teaspoon (FOR THE DRESSING)|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional - FOR THE DRESSING)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste - 1/2 tsp. for the lentils and 1/2 tsp for the dressing)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (to taste - FOR THE DRESSING)|
Calories 637 Calories from Fat 194
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.3%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1055.6 mg44%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.6%
Dietary Fiber 21.9 g87.6%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 23 g45.9%
Vitamin A 21.8% Vitamin C 64.2%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 33.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For the dressing – whisk together all of the dressing ingredients except for the olive oil.
2. Slowly stream in the olive oil and continue whisking until the dressing is emulsified.
3. Stir all of the diced veggies into the dressing to coat, set aside.
4. Add the lentils with salt and about 4 cups of water to a 2 quart saucepan. Bring it up to a boil.
5. Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Drain the lentils, put into a large serving bowl to cool for 5 minutes.
7. Stir in the marinated veggies while they’re still warm to absorb the flavors.
8. Stir in the cooked pasta.
9. Serve lentil pasta with grilled shrimp.
For an even easier salad feel free to substitute 1/2 cup of your favorite Italian vinaigrette for the dressing in the recipe. If you're following gluten free diet be sure to use gluten free pasta in the recipe. Also be sure to check the ingredients list on the mustard to ensure there is no gluten containing ingredients.