- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Homemade Oreos Recipe Video
|Flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (unbleached, unbromated)|
|Dark cocoa powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (unsweetened and natural)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||10 Tablespoon, softened (room temperature)|
|Powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 277 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.7%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42.4 mg14.1%
Sodium 156.4 mg6.5%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5%
Sugars 19.5 g
Protein 3 g6.2%
Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 2.7% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. In a bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda and baking powder.
3. In a mixer bowl, cream together butter and sugar using paddle attachment, add in little sugar at a time to make a fluffy mixture.
4. Add in the egg and beat well to combine.
5. Fold in the dry ingredients, by adding it in small batches and beating well after each addition.
6. Using an ice cream scoop, make small dough balls of the cocoa mixture and place in lightly greased baking sheet and press lightly with we hands.
7. Bake in the oven for 7 to 8 minutes, remove and allow to cool.
8. In a bowl, pace together powdered sugar and vanilla extract and stir well until it form in thick paste, add more sugar or extract if needed.
9. Sandwich the icing between to cookies.
10. Serve as desired.