- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy, Old Fashioned Chocolate Chip Cookies- (How To) Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 stick)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||1 Medium, lightly beaten|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Semi sweet chocolate chips||6 Ounce (1 pack)|
Calories 308 Calories from Fat 149
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.2%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.6%
Trans Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 35.7 mg11.9%
Sodium 181.2 mg7.5%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.42 g1.7%
Sugars 21.8 g
Protein 3 g5.2%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C
Calcium 0.7% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, add flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk it well to mix. Set aside.
4. In another bowl, add sugar, brown sugar, shortening, egg and vanilla. Beat them till well combined and creamy.
5. Slowly add the flour mixture in batches and mix till incorporated.
6. Put the chocolate chips and stir to mix well.
7. Take spoonful of cookie dough and roll into a ball. Place them on the prepared baking sheet away from each other.
8. Bake for around 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it sit on the baking sheet for around 3 minutes.
9. Transfer them on to cooling rack and let it cool completely.
10. In a serving plate, arrange the cookies and serve with milk or any refreshing drink.
Nuts can also be added if desired