- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Made Swiss Cheese Fondue Recipe
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), scalded|
|Swiss cheese||1 Pound, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (Natural Or Processed)|
|Onion||1⁄2 (Thin Slice)|
|Garlic salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Dash|
|Dry white wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|French bread||1 , broken into bite-sized pieces|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2274 Calories from Fat 1207
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 137 g210.9%
Saturated Fat 86.5 g432.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 445.5 mg
Sodium 2135.7 mg89%
Total Carbohydrates 106 g35.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 26.1 g
Protein 142 g283.1%
Vitamin A 83.7% Vitamin C 9%
Calcium 395.8% Iron 27.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Into the blender, add in hot milk. Run the blender while dropping in the cheese cubes, one by one. Blend for about 50 seconds.
2) Add in the onion, salt, pepper, garlic salt, nutmeg, cayenne pepper and flour. Blend for a few seconds to get a smooth puree.
3) Pour the mixture into the fondue dish placed over hot water. You can also use a heavy saucepan or chafing dish.
4) Cook the fondue over low heat till it starts to thicken.
5) Pour in the dry white wine.
6) To serve, place the fondue sticks around the dish. Place the bowl of bread cubes on the side.
7) Guests can dip the bread into the warm cheese, using the sticks, and twisting in the fondue to coat all over.