- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Macaroni And Cheese Recipe
|Canned chicken broth/Canned beef broth||46 Fluid Ounce (1 Can)|
|Uncooked spiral macaroni||12 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), divided|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||8 Ounce (2 Cups)|
|Crackers||30 , coarsely crushed|
Calories 1019 Calories from Fat 534
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.3%
Saturated Fat 24.1 g120.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 81 mg
Sodium 940.1 mg39.2%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.28 g1.1%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 30 g60.5%
Vitamin A 47.5% Vitamin C 0.06%
Calcium 56.1% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Heat the broth and bring it to a boil in a large heavy saucepan. Add the macaroni and continue cooking, as per the instructions on the package, omitting the salt.
3) Drain the mixture and reserve 2 cups of broth for future use. If required, add some water. Keep aside.
4) Place a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and melt 1/4 cup of margarine. Beldn in the flour and then add the reserved broth very gradually, constantly stirring till the mixture becomes thick and starts to boil.
5) Cook and stir for 2 more minutes and then stir in the cheese till it melts.
6) In a 2-quart casserole, combine together the cheese sauce and macaroni.
7) Melt the 1/4 cup of margarine still remaining and stir in the cracker crumbs.
8) Sprinkle the mixture all over the macaroni mix.
9) Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
10) Serve hot.