- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Key Lime Pie Recipe Video
|Sweetened condensed milk||34 Ounce (3 Cups)|
|Sour cream||4 Ounce|
|Key lime juice||6 Ounce, freshly squeezed (3/4 Cup)|
|Lime zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Pie shell||1 Medium (9 - inch)|
|Egg whites||5 Large (for Meringue Topping)|
|Granulated sugar||6 Ounce (for Meringue Topping)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5713 Calories from Fat 1516
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 171 g263%
Saturated Fat 90.9 g454.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 386.6 mg128.9%
Sodium 4237.3 mg176.6%
Total Carbohydrates 858 g286.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.7%
Sugars 709.7 g
Protein 205 g409.6%
Vitamin A 66.4% Vitamin C 160.8%
Calcium 302.5% Iron 28.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350 to 400°F.
2) Line a pie tin with the pie dough, dock it lightly by poking lots of holes in the shell with a fork. Then place a coffee filter on top of the your pie dough. This will act as parchment paper. Place a pie tin of the same size on top of the of coffee filter lined pie dough. Fill the layered pie tin with something to weigh it down slightly such as an empty ramekin.
3) Bake in the preheated oven for about 8 to 10 minutes just until the pie shell is done.
4) In a large bowl, whisk the sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice, and lime zest together.
5) Pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust.
6) Bake at 350°F for 5 to 8 minutes or tiny pinhole bubbles form on the surface. Do not allow to brown.
7) Chill the pie completely for 1 to 2 hours or overnight.
8) Meringue Topping : In a mixer bowl wiped with vinegar, combine the sugar and the egg whites and whip to medium to stiff peaks.
9) Top the pie with meringue topping and lightly brown the meringue with a torch.
10) Chill the Key Lime Pie for an hour or overnight, slice and serve.