- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Italian Lemon Spaghetti Recipe Video
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry thyme/2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon peel||1 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Garlic||2 , crushed|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 734 Calories from Fat 545
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g91.7%
Saturated Fat 12 g59.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34 mg
Sodium 1361.2 mg56.7%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.7%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 22 g43.4%
Vitamin A 15.6% Vitamin C 59.9%
Calcium 94.3% Iron 111.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook spaghetti in a gallon (4 liters) of boiling water, seasoned with 2 tablespoons of salt (that's right, 2 tablespoons!) until just tender.
2. Drain but do not rinse the pasta and mix well with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice. Don't worry if the pasta sticks together. The extra virgin olive oil will break it up.
3. Meanwhile, when spaghetti is cooking, preheat the skillet to medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and slightly brown constantly mixing bread crumbs, thyme and lemon peels. It will take about 2-3 minutes.
3. Remove the skillet from the heat and add crushed garlic to the hot crumbs.
4. Mix the crumbs with spaghetti and serve with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
5. Serve hot