- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Fries Recipe Video
|Russet potatoes||4 Large|
|Canola oil||2 Quart (For deep frying)|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|For the dip|
|Safflower mayonnaise||1 Tablespoon|
|Wasabi mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh thyme||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 737 Calories from Fat 575
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g100%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.5%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 1.8 mg
Sodium 193.1 mg8%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 4 g8.7%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C 23.3%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedHeavy pan
Tong or spider skimmer
1. Wash and cut the potatoes into strips.
2. Place the potatoes in a pan of cold water with ice and leave it for 30 minutes.
3. Remove from water and pat dry the potatoes completely.
4. Pour oil in a heavy pan and bring the oil upto 350-375 degree, use a thermometer to check the temperature.
5. Place a handful of the potatoes strips into the hot oil and deep fry them for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Remove the fries using a tong or spider skimmer and place it on a paper towel, drain out the excess oil.
7. Place the French fries in a paper bag and season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
8. In a bowl combine safflower mayonnaise, wasabi mustard and fresh thyme, mix everything well.
9. Serve the French fries with your variety of dips.