- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Biscuit Bowls Recipe Video
|Biscuit baking mix||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whole milk||150 Milliliter|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (for dusting)|
|Cooking spray||2 Dash|
Calories 175 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.3%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.4%
Trans Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 2.5 mg
Sodium 533.7 mg22.2%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 4 g7.6%
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0.53%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 5.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to about 450 F.
2. In a bowl, using a spatula mix together baking mix, milk and cayenne pepper to make dough.
3. On a floured surface, place the dough and knead for 3 to 4 minutes to make soft dough.
4. Cut the dough into 6 equal size pieces; roll each piece into a ball.
5. Invert a muffin tin and lightly spray with non-stick vegetable cooking spray.
6. Place a ball of dough over each inverted muffin cup, press the dough to wrap the outside of muffin cup.
6. Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden color.
7. Remove and let cool slightly until crisp.
8. Fill the biscuit bowl with chili or stew and serve or fill with mashed potatoes and cheese if you like.