- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Home Made Fish Cakes Recipe
|Cooked cod/Haddock||8 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Instant mashed potato||176 Gram (1 Large Packet)|
|Boiling water||3⁄4 Pint (375 Milliliter)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Chopped parsley||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Browned breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Lard/Oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
Calories 119 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.8%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g17.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.9 mg
Sodium 122.3 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.45 g1.8%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 7 g13.4%
Vitamin A 4.2% Vitamin C 2.6%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 2.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Discard skin and bones from the fish and flake.
2) In a bowl mix together instant mashed potato with boiling water.
3) To it add butter, parsley, fish and seasoning.
4) Beat eggs and keep aside 2 tablespoons, stirring rest in the fish.
5) Shape into 8 fish cakes.
6) Brush egg on the cakes and cover with breadcrumbs.
7) Fry the cakes turning once till golden brown.
8) Serve immediately.
Freeze open and seal tightly in a polythene bag. Keep back in freezer. Fry in oil before serving.