- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Holiday Loaf Recipe
|Prepared biscuit mix||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Quick-cooking oats||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Unsweetened applesauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Candied cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (Red And Green)|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
Calories 154 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.2%
Saturated Fat 0.86 g4.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.4 mg9.1%
Sodium 164.4 mg6.8%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 14.7 g
Protein 3 g6.1%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 0.14%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Prepare a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan by greasing it
3. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients with a wooden spoon for 30 minutes while beating vigorously.
4. Turn this into the greased pan and bake for 55-60 minutes or till done. If the bread is turning brown, cover with foil and then continue cooking.
5. Remove from the oven and then set it on the wire rack to cook for 10 minutes.
6. The bread can be frozen by wrapping in heavy-duty foil or plastic wrap for later by labeling, sealing and placing in the freezer. Remove from the freezer and set aside at room temperature for 1-1/2 hours or 2 hours to serve.
7. Serve immediately at room temperature