- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Green Beans Recipe Video
|Yellow onion||1⁄4 Medium|
|Sliced bacon||1⁄4 Pound|
|Green beans||14 1⁄2 Ounce, can (approx. 3 cans with liquid)|
|Black pepper powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 57 Calories from Fat 21
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.7%
Saturated Fat 0.84 g4.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 259.4 mg10.8%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.4%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 3 g5.3%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.15%
Calcium 0.2% Iron 0.68%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. On a chopping board, take 1/4 of a medium yellow onion and either dice it or cut into small petals and set aside.
2. Take 1/4 pound of sliced bacon and cut into thirds and set aside.
3. In a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat, place the bacon and cook until the bacon is light brown, but not crispy.
4. Once done, pour in 3 cans of green beans with the liquid. Add sugar, salt and black pepper. Stir well.
5. Now add the diced yellow onions on top of the green beans and cover the saucepan with a lid. Bring the contents of the saucepan to a light boil on high heat. Then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 35 - 45 minutes.
6. Serve the easy green beans with a bowl of rice.