- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Funnel Cake-Fair Favorites Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Regular salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dark brown sugar||1 Tablespoon, packed|
|White sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Whole milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Strawberry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Light cream||3 Tablespoon, chilled|
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs) (butter flavored)|
Calories 957 Calories from Fat 678
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 77 g118%
Saturated Fat 21.5 g107.7%
Trans Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 84.3 mg
Sodium 345 mg14.4%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 28.6 g
Protein 8 g16.8%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 14.5%
Calcium 21.4% Iron 14%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl beat brown sugar, white sugar, milk and egg until well blended.
3. Add half of the flour mixture into the egg mixture, beating just until incorporated and then beat in the other half of mixture.
4. Let the funnel cake mixture rest for about 10 minutes.
5. Pour the batter into a liquid measuring cup to make it easier to pour into the funnel. Prepare the desired topping while waiting like slicing strawberries, etc.
6. In a skillet heat oil to about 370 degrees.
7. Pour a third of the mixture into a funnel. Use fingers to cover the end of the funnel.
8. Hold the end of the funnel close to the oil and then remove your finger.
9. Quickly make circles in the oil using a spiraling motion.
10. Fry until lightly golden, about 3 minutes and then flip. Fry the other side until golden.
11. Remove funnel cake from the oil and let drain on a paper towel.
12. In a serving plate, garnish with powdered sugar, strawberries and cool whip and serve immediately.