- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make a Fruit Tart Recipe Video
|Pastry shell||9 Small (for tart)|
|For pastry cream|
|Vanilla bean||1 , split and scraped|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Full fat milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mixed fruit||1 Cup (16 tbs) (fruits of your choice)|
Calories 734 Calories from Fat 154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g76%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g52%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 120.3 mg
Sodium 33.1 mg1.4%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.65 g2.6%
Sugars 18.9 g
Protein 10 g19.3%
Vitamin A 15.3% Vitamin C 8.7%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, heat milk and cream together, and add in scraped vanilla bean.
2. As the milk starts to bubble gently, add in cornstarch, sugar and egg yolk, and whisk constantly until the mixture thickens.
3. Take the pan off the heat and allow the mixture to cool completely and thicken.
4. Pour the cream mixture into the tart crust.
5. Arrange the fruits ad desired.
6. Place in refrigerator until chilled and set.
7. Cut in wedges and serve as desired.