- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Fruit Sauce Recipe
|Frozen strawberries/Raspberries, blueberries or peaches||10 Ounce (Thawed)|
|Corn starch||1 Tablespoon (Argo / Kingsford's)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 272 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.32 g0.49%
Saturated Fat 0.02 g0.09%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 7 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.4%
Sugars 42.9 g
Protein 1 g2.5%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 194.6%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, add the fruit, sugar and cornstarch.
2. Add water just enough to cover the fruit.
3. Stir to blend well then place on a low flame and bring to a boil.
4. Stir constantly until the sauce comes to a boil.
5. Take pan off the heat and allow it to cool.
6. Refrigerate to chill well before serving.
7. Serve fruit sauce over ice-cream or use as topping for desserts like cakes and pies.