- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fabulous Fried Chicken Recipe Video
|Chicken breast||4 Medium, boneless, skinless, halved|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Black pepper salt||2 Tablespoon, coarsely ground|
|Sea salt||2 Tablespoon|
|Italian sesaoning||1 Tablespoon, dried|
|Rosemary sprig||3 Medium|
|Canola oil||1 Bottle (1 l) (for frying)|
Calories 1733 Calories from Fat 1489
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 168 g259.1%
Saturated Fat 12.6 g63.1%
Trans Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 44.9 mg
Sodium 3316.9 mg138.2%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 24 g47.4%
Vitamin A 0.9% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Marinate 4 halved, boneless,skinless, chicken breasts in buttermilk for several hours(keep refrigerated).
2. Mix flour and spices in aseparate bowl.
3. Dredge and coat chicken inflour/spice mixture – coat chicken thoroughly on all sides.
4. Heat Canola oil and fresh Rosemary sprigs over medium heat.
5. Place chicken pieces, one at atime, into hot oil(Rosemary removed).
6. Fry 4-5 pieces at a time in pan, until each piece is golden brown on both sides.
7. Turn chicken only after bottom side is golden brown.
8. After all chicken is fried to a golden brown, discard remaining oil.
9. Place chicken pieces back in pan and cover – lid should be ajar to avoid steam build-up.
10. Continue to cook chicken on stovetop over low heat for 30-40 minutes.
11. Remove chicken from pan.
12. Serve hot.
For more recipes please visit The Brown Lounge Website