- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy French Onion Soup Recipe
|Butter||2 Ounce (50g)|
|Onions||1 Pound, cut into thin rings (450 g)|
|Beef stock||1 Pint (hot, 500ml)|
|Worcestershire sauce||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Cheese||3 Ounce, grated (75g)|
|French bread slices||4 (thick)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1467 Calories from Fat 686
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 78 g120%
Saturated Fat 48.2 g241.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.2 mg
Sodium 2690.1 mg112.1%
Total Carbohydrates 142 g47.5%
Dietary Fiber 11.6 g46.2%
Sugars 27.9 g
Protein 55 g109.8%
Vitamin A 45.8% Vitamin C 59.7%
Calcium 85.6% Iron 52.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a deep casserole, cover and cook onions with butter, for about 5 minutes.
2) Add the stock, Worcestershire sauce and the seasonings and stir well.
3) Cover the casserole and cook for about 10 minutes (stir the contents during this process).
4) Allow the soup to stand for about 15 minutes.
5) Meanwhile, cook bread slices (uncovered) that have cheese spread on one side.
5) Serve the soup with the toasted bread slices floating on top.