- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Fish Chowder Recipe
|Haddock fillets||3⁄4 Pound|
|Fish fillets||3⁄4 Pound (Haddock, Boston Bluefish, Cod)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon, dried|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk/Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||2 , peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Tomatoes||2 , peeled|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh parsley/Fresh dill||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 384 Calories from Fat 193
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.7%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g41.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.7 mg
Sodium 590 mg24.6%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 16 g31%
Vitamin A 30.8% Vitamin C 36.5%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To prepare the fish cut it into chunks of 3/4-inch (2 cm) thickness and set aside.
2. In 12-cup (3 liter) casserole, microwave butter at High for 30 seconds until melted and add celery, onion and thyme.
3. Microwave at High for 4 to 6 minutes until softened stirring once and blend in flour.
4. Stir in stock and milk gradually and add tomatoes.
5. Covering with lid or vented plastic wrap microwave at High for 8 to 10 minutes until the mixture if bubbling and thickened, stirring twice.
6. Add fish and microwave with cover at High for 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through and fish is opaque.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste, garnish with parsley and serve.