- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Easy Enchiladas Recipe Video
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped finely|
|Cream of mushroom soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce|
|Diced green chiles||8 Ounce, divided ((2) 4-oz. cans)|
|Corn tortillas||12 (5 ½-inch to 6-inch)|
|Shredded colby jack cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (or nacho cheese soup)|
|Cooking oil spray||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 576 Calories from Fat 291
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.7%
Saturated Fat 16.9 g84.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 106 mg
Sodium 798 mg33.2%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.1%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 33 g66.2%
Vitamin A 6.9% Vitamin C 117.7%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 17.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish with cooking oil spray.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
3. Steam corn tortillas for a minute or until pliable.
4. In a deep skillet, brown ground beef and onion over medium heat, stirring constantly. Drain, if needed.
5. Add cream of mushroom soup and 2 ounce can of undrained diced green chilies. Stir well.
6. Place 1/12 of the beef mixture on the lower half of a softened corn tortilla.
7. Top with about 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese. Fold in sides and roll up as shown in the video.
8. Place in greased baking dish, seam side down. Continue to fill and roll enchiladas until corn tortillas and beef filling are used up.
9. Spread cheese soup over top of rolled enchiladas.
10. Drain and sprinkle diced green chilies over the top.
11. Sprinkle remaining shredded Colby-Jack cheese blend over whole casserole.
12. Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake about 5 minutes longer. You may need to turn your oven to broil to get the top nicely browned.
13. Serve immediately with salsa and sour cream with pickled jalapenos garnish.