- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Eggplant Casserole Recipe
|Bulk sausage||1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|Dry breadcrumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Cracker crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 394 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.9%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g48.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 281.9 mg
Sodium 706.5 mg29.4%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g31%
Sugars 11 g
Protein 25 g49.4%
Vitamin A 7.2% Vitamin C 14%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take the eggplant to peel and cut into cubes of 1-inch dimension.
2) In a bowl, combine butter and cracker crumbs.
3) In a saucepan, add small amount of water. Bring this to a boil and add the eggplant cubes to cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
4) Drain off the excess water and allow cooling slightly.
5) In a fry pan, add sausage and onion to cook until they are brown.
6) In a bowl, add eggplant, sausage mixture, egg and breadcrumbs. Thoroughly combine the mixture.
7) Use a 1-quart casserole to grease. Spoon the mixture on the casserole.
8) Sprinkle the crumb mixture on top.
9) Set your oven at 350° and place the casserole inside oven.
10) Bake for 25 minutes.
11) Serve this on side with your choice of bread or rice.