- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Curried Chicken Recipe
|Broiler fryer chicken||3 Pound, cut into serving size pieces|
|Condensed cream of chicken soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned crushed pineapple||8 1⁄4 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 587 Calories from Fat 315
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.7%
Saturated Fat 10 g50.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 173.1 mg
Sodium 341.7 mg14.2%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.6%
Sugars 14.9 g
Protein 44 g87.3%
Vitamin A 10.7% Vitamin C 6.6%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large-size (3 quart) microwave proof baking dish, place chicken pieces, skin side up, arranging the meatier portions on the outer periphery.
2. Use waxed paper to cover the dish, this helps to keep the chicken moist.
3. Brown the chicken in the microwave at HIGH for 10 minutes.
4. Drain the fat and turn over the pieces so that the skin side is down
5. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and mix well.
6. Pour this sauce evenly over the chicken pieces.
7. Re-cover the dish and return to the microwave, reducing the power to 7.
8. Cook the chicken for 15 to 20 minutes, turning the pieces after 8 to 10 minutes, until chicken is tender.
9. Let the chicken stand covered for 5 minutes to absorb the flavors before serving.
10. Transfer chicken and sauce onto a serving platter
11. Serve hot along with rice or bread if you like