- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup Recipe Video
|Frozen mixed vegetables||2 Pound|
|Stock||2 Cup (32 tbs) (chicken, turkey or vegetable stock)|
|Bay leaves||2 (fresh)|
|Oregano||2 Teaspoon (Greek or regular)|
|Dry thyme||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|No salt seasoning||2 Tablespoon|
|Pasta sauce||740 Milliliter|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), finely grated|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , slice|
Calories 291 Calories from Fat 59
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.1%
Saturated Fat 0.75 g3.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.2 mg
Sodium 1047.8 mg43.7%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.3%
Dietary Fiber 13.7 g54.8%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 11 g22.9%
Vitamin A 236.5% Vitamin C 56.2%
Calcium 16.8% Iron 38.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In Crockpot, add mixed vegetables, stock, oregano, and bay leaves.
2. Drop thyme, black pepper, no salt seasoning, salt, and pasta sauce in it.
3. Pour water in the pasta sauce jar. With spoon scrape off all the sauce sticking on the wall, and pour it into the pot.
4. Add 3 cloves of freshly grated garlic, and cover the pot with lid.
5. Turn the cooker to high setting, and cook for 6 hours.
6. After 6 hours, turn off the heat, and add the last grated garlic clove in it. Mix well.
7. Drop a couple of lemon slices, and give it a good stir.
8. Serve slow cooker vegetable soup hot.
You can also use fresh thyme leaves, but dry ones taste better.
Add more water to cover ¾ of the slow cooker pot.