- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Zuza Zak's Weeknight Dinners: Squash, Chorizo and Butter Bean Stew Recipe Video
|Squash||1 Small, peel and chopped|
|Chorizo sausage||250 Gram, chopped (as needed)|
|Onion||1 , chopped (or 1/2 large)|
|Chili||1 , chopped|
|Bell pepper||2 , chopped finely (red and yellow)|
|Canned butter beans||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Tomatoes||2 , chopped|
|Fresh coriander||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely (as needed)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 326 Calories from Fat 183
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.4%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 39.7 mg
Sodium 655.7 mg27.3%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.6%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 15 g29.4%
Vitamin A 44% Vitamin C 137%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, heat oil and saute onion, chorizo, and squash for a few minutes.
2. Add chilies, paprika, cover and simmer for a couple of more minutes.
3. Pour water, and then stir in peppers. Cover with a lid.
4. Add tomato, and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Stir in butter beans and coriander and cook for 2 minutes or until warmed through.
6. Serve hot with crusty bread and enjoy!