- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Chicken Curry Recipe
|Broiler fryer chicken||3 Pound, cut up (1 Piece)|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Curry powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Canned apple pie filling||10 1⁄2 Ounce (Half Of 21 Ounce Can)|
|Tomato juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Hot cooked rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 626 Calories from Fat 361
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.7%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g54%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 171.3 mg
Sodium 271.2 mg11.3%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 44 g87.2%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C 13%
Calcium 6% Iron 19.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Season the chicken well with salt and pepper.
2) In a 12"skillet, brown the chicken in the heated oil.
3) Remove the chicken and keep aside.
4) In the skillet, cook the curry and onion until the onion is softened.
5) Cut and add the apple pie filling pieces.
6) Stir in the tomato juice and salt.
7) Put back the chicken into the skillet.
8) Cook covered over low heat for about 25-30 min or until the chicken is cooked.
9) Remove the chicken on a platter and keep it warm.
10) Stir in the milk into apple mixture.
11) Allow to just boil.
12) Serve the sauce over the chicken and the hot cooked rice.