- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Cheesy Vegan Bruschetta Recipe Video
|Baguette/French bread||1 Large, cut into 1-inch thick slices (roasted garlic flavor)|
|Organic tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Organic fresh basil||4 Tablespoon, finley chopped|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch|
|Vegan cheese||6 Tablespoon (Daiya cheese, mozzarella style shreds)|
Calories 173 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.8%
Saturated Fat 0.42 g2.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 329.6 mg13.7%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 5 g9.8%
Vitamin A 13.9% Vitamin C 3%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 1.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, the basil, olive oil and salt. Mix well and allow to sit for a while till the flavors marry together.
2. Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet. Spoon equal amounts of the tomato basil mixture on top of each slice and spread evenly.
3. Top with a generous amount of the Daiya cheese.
4. Toast the bruchettas by placing under the broiler or in a hot oven for 10-12 minutes.
5. Serve warm, crisp and cheesy.
If you can't get the garlic infused olive oil, you can add a little fresh minced garlic to the tomato mixture.