- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Cashew Brittle in the Microwave Recipe Video
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Cashews used but its your choice)|
Calories 216 Calories from Fat 75
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.4%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.1 mg0.4%
Sodium 213.1 mg8.9%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.7%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 24.9 g
Protein 3 g6.1%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 2.4% Iron 0.35%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Roughly chop the nuts. Use a large knife to cut up the large nuts into smaller pieces. No need to finely mince them.
2. Spray a cookie sheet with PAM or grease it with oil or butter.
3. In a microwave safe bowl, combine the sugar and corn syrup and stir until blended.
4. Cook the mixture in the microwave, at a high setting for 4 minutes. Stir the mixture after the first 2 minutes of cooking and then continue to cook for the remaining 2 minutes.
5. Add the nuts and stir in well.
6. Return the bowl to the microwave and cook for another 3 minutes until it is light brown.
7. Quickly stir in the vanilla and butter and cook for 2 more minute.
8. Remove the dish from the microwave and make sure to wear your oven mitts and quickly stir in the soda until it gets all frothy. Stir for about half a minute.
9. Pour the mixture carefully into the greased cookie sheet and spread with a rubber spatula.
10. Allow it to cool and become hard.
11. Break into pieces and pack into a jar or box.
Be brave. Use any nut that makes you sing!
Keep a close watch on the mixture after you stir in the nuts. It should not get too brown.