- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Carrot Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Icing Recipe Video
|Flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pumpkin pie mix||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extarct||1 Teaspoon|
|Pecan||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chop|
|Raisin||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated apple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely grated|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce, softened|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Icing sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 484 Calories from Fat 248
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.8%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 91.3 mg
Sodium 503.5 mg21%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 37.6 g
Protein 6 g12.7%
Vitamin A 79.4% Vitamin C 6.5%
Calcium 10% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. Grease an English loaf pan and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, pie mix, and salt.
4. Add sugar, pecans, and raisins in it. Mix well.
5. Drop grated apple and carrot. Mix to combine.
6. Add egg, oil, and vanilla extract. Fold to incorporate.
7. Transfer batter into the prepared loaf pan. Pop it in oven and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick when inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Remove cake from oven and allow it to cool on wire rack.
9. For frosting, in a bowl put cream cheese and whisk until creamy.
10. Add lemon zest, and lemon juice.
11. Gradually add sugar in bowl, whisk after each addition
12. Add vanilla and salt. Beat for about 3 minutes or until fluffy.
13. Spread frosting on the cake. Sprinkle some pecans on top.
13. Cut in slices and serve carrot cake immediately.