- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Breezy Green Beans - Asian Side Dish Recipe Video
|Fresh green beans||11 Ounce, cut on the diagonal into 3" long|
|Garlic||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced garlic|
|For the dressing|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Black sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Black sesame seed oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch|
Calories 73 Calories from Fat 12
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.2%
Saturated Fat 0.2 g0.99%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 148.2 mg6.2%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.8%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 3 g5.5%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 11.9%
Calcium 5% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a medium nonstick skillet.
2. Add oil to pan, swirl to coat. Add garlic, sauté about 3 minutes until garlic is nice golden brown and crunch.
3. Remove garlic, set aside.
4. Bring a large sauce pan of salted water to a boil. Add prepared green beans, cook about 3 to 4 minutes or green beans come up to water and bright green color.
5. Move beans from the boiling water to ice water immediately. Drain.
6. In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, black pepper, black sesame seeds and oil, stirring with a whisk.
7. Add green beans and the garlic chips. Toss well to coat.
8. Serve right away.