- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Banana Split Recipe Video
|Rum||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla ice cream||3 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 517 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.3%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.8 mg
Sodium 39 mg1.6%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.4%
Sugars 34.2 g
Protein 3 g5.9%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 18.9%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the ends off the banana and slice the banana in half lengthwise with skin on.
2. Sprinkle sugar over the banana and spread it evenly.
3. Heat a sauté pan on medium heat.
4. Carefully peel the skin from the banana slices and place it in the hot pan with sugar side down. Cook it for a few minutes or till the sugar caramelizes evenly.
5. Carefully transfer it on to a serving plate exposing the caramelized side.
6. In the same pan, pour the rum and let it reduce till all the alcohol is evaporated. Swirl it occasionally to mix the sugar and rum.
7. In the serving plate, put dollops of ice cream in between the banana slices and pour the rum reduction over it. Garnish with mint and serve immediately.
The sugar can be caramelized with blow torch also if available.