- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Eggs with Mushrooms Recipe Video
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|White button mushrooms||8 Ounce, sliced|
|Red pepper||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), diced|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, minced (optional)|
|Dried thyme/Tarragon or basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), shredded|
Calories 175 Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.1%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 224.2 mg
Sodium 275 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 11 g22.8%
Vitamin A 22.3% Vitamin C 37.8%
Calcium 14.5% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350 ºF (180ºC).
2. Prepare 4 ramekins by spraying some oil to them to avoid the egg from sticking.
3. In a medium skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.
4. Saute mushrooms 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned and moisture is released.
5. Add red pepper, parsley, salt, pepper and the herb, saute for 1 minute.
6. Spoon the mixture evenly into 4 lightly greased (6 oz/ 90 mL) ramekins.
7. Crack one egg into each ramekin and sprinkle cheese evenly on top.
8. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes. Baked eggs are done when whites are set and puffy but yolks are just starting to set.
9. Serve with toast to dip in the soft yolk or with a simple salad.
You can use chopped ham in this dish. You can substitute the pepper with chilli sauce.