- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Baked Chicken Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sauterne/Chablis / white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried tarragon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 1841 Calories from Fat 1220
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 136 g209%
Saturated Fat 46.8 g233.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 622.9 mg
Sodium 1018 mg42.4%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1%
Dietary Fiber 0.08 g0.32%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 140 g279.9%
Vitamin A 35.6% Vitamin C 20.5%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 39.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 325° F before baking.
2) In a shallow baking pan, place chickens with skin side up.
3) To prepare sauce, heat butter and then pour in wine, salt, pepper, tarragon.
4) Pour a little of this mixture over chicken.
5) Bake the chicken for about 1 to 1 1/4 hours in preheated oven, brushing often with sauce, until it becomes soft and brown.
6) Allow the remaining sauce to come to a boil.
7) Mix cornstarch with a little cold water.
8) Blend this cornstarch mixture with the sauce and boil for 1 or 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens.
9) Serve the chicken hot with the sauce poured over.