- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mozzarella, Bacon and Roasted Tomato Sandwich Recipe Video
|Roma tomatoes||4 Medium|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Bacon slices||6 , crisped|
|Fresh mozzarella||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Buttered bread slices||2 , grilled|
|Fresh basil||1⁄4 Teaspoon, chopped (Optional)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 843 Calories from Fat 366
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64%
Saturated Fat 9.1 g45.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.5 mg
Sodium 1017.6 mg42.4%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.8%
Dietary Fiber 13 g51.9%
Sugars 33.7 g
Protein 38 g75.8%
Vitamin A 111.4% Vitamin C 114.7%
Calcium 13.4% Iron 11.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
2. Using knife, crush the garlic clove.
3. Cut the tomatoes in half and squeeze out the liquid and seeds.
4. In a shallow baking dish, place together tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, herbs, and salt and pepper.
5. Place the baking dish in oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
6. Remove the tomato mixture from oven and allow to cool.
7. In a food processor, place the tomato mixture and process to make a chunky spread.
8. Spread the bread slices with the tomato mixture and place on a broiler pan.
9. Place bacon slice on tomato spread and top with mozzarella slices.
10. Put the broiler pan under broiler and until the cheese melts.
11. Serve the sandwich hot, sprinkle with basil if desired.