- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy and Delicious Skillet Chicken and Rice Recipe Video
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Basmati rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White rice/Jasmine rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Season salt/Salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Frozen carrots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Chicken breast||2 , sliced into strips|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon, grounded|
Calories 453 Calories from Fat 140
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.5%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg10.8%
Sodium 426.7 mg17.8%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 31 g62.1%
Vitamin A 41.7% Vitamin C 13.6%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
2. In a pan add in the butter and melt.
3. Add in the chicken breast and onion. Followed by rice, basil, oregano, season salt, curry powder, salt and pepper.
4. Add in tomato paste and garlic, stir for few minutes. Pour in the water, frozen peas and carrots. Cover the pan with lid and bring to boil.
5. Place the pan into the oven and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees F.
6. Serve Skillet Chicken and Rice with tossed salad.