- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy and Delicious Skillet Chicken and Rice Recipe Video
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Basmati rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White rice/Jasmine rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Season salt/Salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Frozen carrots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Chicken breast||2 , sliced into strips|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon, grounded|
Calories 416 Calories from Fat 122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.3%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.1 mg
Sodium 482.6 mg20.1%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 25 g49.8%
Vitamin A 42.1% Vitamin C 15.3%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
2. In a pan add in the butter and melt.
3. Add in the chicken breast and onion. Followed by rice, basil, oregano, season salt, curry powder, salt and pepper.
4. Add in tomato paste and garlic, stir for few minutes. Pour in the water, frozen peas and carrots. Cover the pan with lid and bring to boil.
5. Place the pan into the oven and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees F.
6. Serve Skillet Chicken and Rice with tossed salad.