- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Leftover Ham and Potato Soup Recipe Video
|Smoked bacon||100 Gram, slice (naturally smoked, 2 strips)|
|Ham||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed (or leftover ham)|
|Potato||3 Small, peeled, cubed|
|Celery rib||100 Gram, chopped (1)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Large, chop|
|Onion||1⁄2 Large, chop|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Low sodium bouillon cubes||1|
|Cajun seasoning mix||2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Liter|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 346 Calories from Fat 161
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.3%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g32.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50.7 mg
Sodium 304 mg12.7%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.6%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 14 g28.5%
Vitamin A 14.3% Vitamin C 77.7%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a saucepan on medium high heat, melt butter and olive oil in it. Drop bacon strips and cook for a couple of minutes or until crisp.
2. Remove bacon from pan, and throw ham in it. Cook until crispy. Remove ham and set aside.
3. Add onion, celery, and pepper. Saute and cook until caramelized.
4. Drop potatoes, stir and cook for about 2 minutes.
5. Add Cajun seasoning, bouillon cube, parsley, and flour in pan. Mix well to incorporate flour in oil.
6. Pour water to cover everything. Stir and deglaze pan.
7. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Mix well.
8. Reduce the heat to medium low. Add ham, cover it with lid and cook for about 20 minutes or until vegetables are fork tender.
9. Serve soup hot with crispy bacon and parsley garnish.