- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easter Egg Salad Recipe
|Yellow onions||3 Large (Skins From Onions)|
|Head of lettuce||1 , shredded|
|Bean sprouts||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Green mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Made With Watercress)|
|Lumpfish caviar||4 Ounce (For Garnish, 1 Jar)|
Calories 369 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.6%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 591.7 mg
Sodium 629.8 mg26.2%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.9%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 23 g46.4%
Vitamin A 138.4% Vitamin C 34.6%
Calcium 15.8% Iron 34.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Into a medium saucepan pour water up to 3 inches deep and bring onion skins to a boil.
2. Water will turn a deep golden color.
3. Add eggs to pan and simmer for 12 minutes and remove eggs reserving the cooking liquid.
4. Plunge cooked eggs into cold water peel them and return to colored water.
5. Let them simmer for 3 minutes such that they attain a rich golden color.
6. Drain and refrigerate until served.
7. To serve, on a large plate arrange lettuce and bean sprouts to resemble a bird's nest.
8. Place hard-cooked eggs on top.
9. Over the eggs pour some mayonnaise and serve the remaining mayonnaise separately with a garnish of caviar, if desired.