- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easter Cookies Recipe
|Sugar||34 Tablespoon (2 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Currants||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Rice flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mixed spices||1 Teaspoon (Equal Quantities Of Ground Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Cloves, Ginger)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4906 Calories from Fat 954
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 109 g167.2%
Saturated Fat 63.3 g316.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 643.4 mg
Sodium 108.8 mg4.5%
Total Carbohydrates 945 g315%
Dietary Fiber 28 g112.2%
Sugars 537.3 g
Protein 53 g105%
Vitamin A 69.3% Vitamin C 229.6%
Calcium 28.1% Iron 80.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Take 2 to 3 cookie sheets and line using buttered waxed paper or cooking parchment.
3. Using a wooden spoon, cream in butter. Mix in 1.2 cup of sugar and beat to a creamy mixture.
4. Separate egg whites and egg yolks.
5. Add 2 egg yolks to creamed mixture, beat well. Then mix currants and stir well.
6. Sieve in both flours along with spices to the creamed mixture, gradually.
7. Stir and combine well by adding milk, a little at a time if required, for binding the mixture.
8. Transfer to a lightly floured board and knead the dough. Roll into 1/8 to ¼ inch thick.
9. Using a 2.5 inch fluted, round cookie cutter, shape the cookies.
10. Arrange on the cookie sheets.
11. Using the back side of a knife, mark lines at a distance of 1/4 inch.
12. Place in the center shelf or just above it and bake for 10 minutes.
13. After 10 minutes, apply unbeaten egg whites on the cookies and dredge rest of the sugar.
14. Continue to bake for 5 to 10 more minutes.
15. Take out and allow to cool on cookie sheets for few minutes.
16. Slowly, transfer to wire rack and cool thoroughly.
17. Serve with hot coffee.