- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Gooey Butter Cake--Great for Easter! ☼ Recipe Video
|Cooking oil spray||1 Teaspoon|
|For the base|
|Yellow cake mix packet||18 1⁄4 Ounce|
|Eggs||1 , divided (1+2)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted, cooled, divided (1 stick)|
|For the top|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Confectioners sugar||16 Ounce (powdered sugar or icing sugar)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 847 Calories from Fat 371
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.8%
Saturated Fat 23.2 g116%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 223.8 mg
Sodium 543.3 mg22.6%
Total Carbohydrates 109 g36.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 83.1 g
Protein 9 g17.7%
Vitamin A 24.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.1% Iron 3.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease a 13-inch by 9-inch by 2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine yellow cake mix, egg, and melted butter. Using an electric mixer, beat until mixed.
4. Into the baking dish transfer the mixture and press it firmly and evenly. Set aside.
5. In a separate mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
6. Add eggs, vanilla, and melted butter. Beat to combine.
7. Gradually add confectioner's sugar and beat well.
8. Spread the mixture evenly over the base and pop it in the preheated oven. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool.
9. Cut into slices and serve.
You can keep the cake in refrigerator for a couple of days.