- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easier than Going to Grandma's Stock with Holiday Ham, Turkey or Chicken Recipe Video
|Ham bone in/Turkey/ chicken||1 1⁄2 Pound (holiday leftover)|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
Calories 217 Calories from Fat 113
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.4%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 70.3 mg23.4%
Sodium 883.3 mg36.8%
Total Carbohydrates 0.36 g0.12%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 25 g50.7%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 0.7% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut off all the meat off the bones and store any lean meat for future use.
2. In a large pot, place the bones and fill with water to cover all the bones well.
3. Cover the pot with a lid and on high heat, bring it to boil. Then reduce the heat to low and simmer for around 2 ½ hours or till the meat comes off the bones.
4. Using a spoon remove any fat from the broth and strain it into a large bowl.
5. Use this broth to make delicious recipes like soup, stews or curries or freeze it for later use.
Once the broth is refrigerated, the fat rises to the top forming a layer. It can be removed like a film and discarded before using the broth.