- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dutch Oven Pork Ribs Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Chopped garlic||3 Tablespoon|
|Green pepper||1 , cut in strips|
|Italian seasoning||To Taste|
Calories 1182 Calories from Fat 663
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g113.1%
Saturated Fat 25.5 g127.4%
Trans Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 443.9 mg148%
Sodium 467.7 mg19.5%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 0.98 g3.9%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 117 g234%
Vitamin A 2.8% Vitamin C 40.2%
Calcium 15.3% Iron 29.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a Dutch oven, put olive oil in the bottom and spread.
2. Put in onion, garlic, green peppers, salt and pepper, and stir well to coat.
3. Place the pork ribs over the vegetable in a single layer.
4. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning on both the sides of the ribs.
5. Cover the Dutch oven, place it over 8 hot coals and put some more hot coals on the lid and allow ribs to cook for 1 to 1 ½ hours or until the meat starts to fall apart from the bone.
6. Strain the juice, reserving the meat and vegetables and gently turn the meat.
7. Stream the barbecue sauce all over the ribs, and spread.
8. Put back the lid, put 7 hot coals on top and 3 in the bottom and allow to cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
9. Take the pot off the heat.
10. Serve hot with some cooked kale if desired.