- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dutch Meatballs With Endive Mash Recipe Video
|Bacon/Pork belly||1⁄2 Pound (250 Gram)|
|Potatoes/Null||2 1⁄4 Pound (1 Kilogram)|
|Endive/Null||500 Gram (Null)|
|Milk/Null||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Null)|
|Mustard/Null||1 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Butter/Null||2 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Ground black pepper/Null||1 Teaspoon (Null)|
|Salt/Null||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Null)|
|Ground nutmeg/Null||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Null)|
|Vinegar/Null||2 Teaspoon (Null)|
|Ground beef and pork/Null||500 Gram (Null)|
|Mustard/Null||2 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Ketjap manis/Null||2 Tablespoon (You Can Replace This With 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce And 0.5 Tablespoon Brown Suga)|
|Salt/Null||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Null)|
|Ground black pepper/Null||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Null)|
|Ground nutmeg/Null||1 Teaspoon (Null)|
|Bread crumbs/Null||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Null)|
|Butter/Null||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Null)|
|Water/Null||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Null)|
|Flour/Null||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Null)|
Calories 800 Calories from Fat 360
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.6%
Saturated Fat 19 g95%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 214 mg71.3%
Sodium 828.3 mg34.5%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.6%
Dietary Fiber 12.2 g48.7%
Sugars 11 g
Protein 44 g88.2%
Vitamin A 68.4% Vitamin C 98.6%
Calcium 24.5% Iron 36.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut bacon into small pieces and cook until crispy. Set aside until needed.
2. Cut a whole bunch of endive into thin strips, wash, drain, and set aside.
3. Boil water in a large pot to cook potatoes
4. Peel potatoes, clean, cut into large chunks.
To make the Endive mash:
5. Add the potatoes to the boiling water and cook until tender
6. Drain well and add to a saucepan.
7. Place pan over medium low flame to dry the potatoes. Mash with a potato masher or back of a large spoon.
8. Add milk little by little to make smooth puree
9. Add the crisp bacon, mustard, butter, ground nutmeg, ground black pepper, and salt, and mix it well.
10. Add the shredded endive bit by bit to allow it to shrink a little when adding
11. Add vinegar and mix well. Keep warm until ready to serve.
To make the Meatballs:
12. Mix first eight ingredients for meatballs in a bowl use your hand to mix well until combined and sticky.
13. Divide the mixture into 4 large balls.
14. Heat a large skillet or pan with a lid over medium high heat.
15. Add the butter and wait until it melts and turns brown.
16. Arrange the meatballs and cook them in the butter, until all sides are golden brown.
17. Turn down the heat and simmer for about 25-30 minutes. Flip occasionally until thoroughly cooked.
18. Remove the meatballs to a serving platter and set aside.
19. Add ¼ cup water to the skillet and cook over low heat to make gravy. You can add flour to make it thick.
20. Serve the mash with meatballs and gravy.