- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Durban Beef Curry Recipe Video
|Bone in beef||4 Pound|
|Beef tallow||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||3 Large, chopped finely|
|Tomato||2 Large, chopped finely|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Carrot||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Bay leaf||3 Medium|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Chutney/Peach preserves||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Beef stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Filtered water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Almond butter||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 892 Calories from Fat 537
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90.3%
Saturated Fat 25.1 g125.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 137.9 mg46%
Sodium 857.8 mg35.7%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.7%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 48 g95.9%
Vitamin A 123.9% Vitamin C 67.6%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 24.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 250 degrees Farenheit.
2. In a dutch oven, allow the beef tallow to be heated.
3. Place the meat in it and allow it to be browned well on either sides.
4. Add the onion, garlic and ginger in the pot along with the meat.
5. Move the pieces of meat and place the onions underneath them to allow them to get cooked.
6. While the meat is cooking, combine the spices in a bowl and sprinkle them in next.
7. Add a splash of extra virgin olive oil and let the spices be cooked in the hot oil for about 2 minutes.
8. Drop the chopped tomatoes.
9. Pour in the beef stock.
10.Add the diced potatoes and carrots.
11.Drop the bay leaf. Give it a stir and combine everything together.
12.Place the dutch oven on the second rack of a preheated oven at 250 degrees Farenheit and cook for 4 hours.
13.Take it out and break the meat with the spoon and take the bones out and fish out the bay leaves.
14.Add the almond butter and mix it in. This will help thicken the curry.
15.Season to taste with salt.
16.Serve hot alongside white fluffy rice.