- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dungeness Crab Dijon Recipe
|Dungeness crabmeat||1 Pound|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Shallots/Scallions/green onion||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dijon-style mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||To Taste|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
Calories 793 Calories from Fat 597
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g76.1%
Saturated Fat 29.1 g145.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 315.4 mg
Sodium 1670.2 mg69.6%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.2%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 53 g105.8%
Vitamin A 31.2% Vitamin C 26.9%
Calcium 207.9% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a skillet, melt butter and saute the crabmeat for 3 to 4 minutes.
2) Transfer the crab from the skillet to a hot case.
3) To the same skillet, add in garlic, shallots and mushrooms and saute for a minute or till tender,
4) Pour in wine to deglaze the remains in the skillet. Cook till the liquid is reduced to about 2 tablespoons.
5) Stir in cream and let the sauce cook till it thickens.
6) Add in mustard and whisk it in well.
7) Before the sauce can come to a boil, add in salt, pepper, lemon juice and crab. Toss all together quickly and remove from flame.
8) Garnish the Dungeness Crab Dijonnaise with chopped parsley and serve over cooked pasta like fettuccine.