- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dundee Cake Recipe
|Raisins||15 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Currants||11 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Candied mixed fruits||4 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|All purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (3 Sticks)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Brandy/Orange juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8586 Calories from Fat 2747
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 312 g480.2%
Saturated Fat 184.1 g920.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1994.6 mg
Sodium 3463.5 mg144.3%
Total Carbohydrates 1302 g434.1%
Dietary Fiber 50.1 g200.5%
Sugars 716.5 g
Protein 111 g222.1%
Vitamin A 201.6% Vitamin C 304.2%
Calcium 150.1% Iron 233.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Combine raisins, currants and mixed fruits in a large bowl. Grate lemon rind and add to fruits; squeeze lemon for juice and reserve.
3. Sift flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg onto foil. Sprinkle 1 cup over fruits; toss.
4. Beat butter or margarine, sugar and eggs until fluffy in large bowl of electric mixer at high speed for 3 minutes.
5. Stir in remaining flour mixture, alternately with the 1/2 cup brandy or orangejuice and reserved lemon juice, beating well, until batter is smooth.
6. Pour batter over prepared fruit and fold just until well blended. Spoon batter into prepared pans.
7. Bake in slow oven (325°) 1 hour, 15 minutes, or until centers spring back when lightly pressed with finger tip. Cool in pans on wire racks for 15 minutes; loosen around edges with a knife; carefully turn out onto wire racks; cool completely. Wrap cakes in cheese cloth; sprinkle with brandy; wrap in plastic bags. Allow to ripen at least 1 week before slicing.
8. To decorate: Heat corn syrup and 1/4 cup brandy or orange juice until bubbly in a saucepan; brush over.
9. Garnish with candied mixed fruits.