- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dufflet's Sour Cream Torte Recipe
|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sour cream||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Filling:)|
|Sifted icing sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted (Filling:)|
|Ground walnuts/Brazil nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla||1 Teaspoon (Filling:)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5185 Calories from Fat 2741
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 313 g482.3%
Saturated Fat 173.5 g867.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 934.5 mg311.5%
Sodium 865.8 mg36.1%
Total Carbohydrates 565 g188.4%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.4%
Sugars 364.9 g
Protein 51 g102.3%
Vitamin A 170.5% Vitamin C 8%
Calcium 104.5% Iron 85.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Take a bowl, add butter to it and cream it using the electric mixer. Stir in sugar, and egg, and once again beat it well.
3. Sift baking powder and all-purpose flour and blend it with egg mixture.
4. Take three-9 inch round greased cake pans and flour it lightly. Spoon the mixture into the pans and bake it for 10-15 minutes at 350°F. When done remove from oven and allow it to cool.
5. For filling- combine sour cream, sifted icing sugar, vanilla and ground nuts.
6. Cut the cake into three equal parts and spoon the filling between these layers and on the top.
7. Chill the cake for about 12 hours and leave it at room temperature for about a hour before you plan to serve it.
8. Serve as required.